Sometimes I just get those days where I feel really hungry all day- often it can be because of a sheer lack of boredom or because I’ve done lots of exercise and not re-fueled. But trying to snack on something that isn’t really unhealthy like biscuits and crisps or foods that aren’t so boring like an apple or grapes can be very difficult!
So I’ve been experimenting with some recipes and found a couple of snack ideas to satisfy your cravings and give an energy re-boost whether it’s for your elevenses, a post-work out treat or an afternoon pick me up.
These healthy snacks are completely guilt-free and SO easy to make!
Coconut Macaroon Balls
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c. Heat up the the almond milk in a saucepan and then mix the agave, honey, vanilla, salt, chia seeds and cinnamon together on a low heat.
- Take it off the heat and fold in the desiccated coconut and coconut flour until fully combined.
- Roll them into balls and place them onto a greased baking tray or dish lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes then let cool. DELISH!
This recipe makes 12 macaroons which can be kept in an air-tight container. My mum and sister are coming down to stay with me tomorrow so i’m very excited to show off my new-found culinary skills and give them these healthy treats to taste!
Raspberry Cocoa Energy Bites
These are super quick and easy to make and are yummy yummy yummy if you are a bit of a sweet tooth like me and can’t get enough of chocolate.
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of almond butter (or any other nut butter you’rd prefer)
- 1 tbsp of cacao
- Frozen raspberries
- Melt the coconut oil
- Then just mix all the ingredients together and shape them into balls
It’s that simple! I topped mine with some desiccated coconut just to make it extra sweeeeet.
I hope you enjoy these guilt-free recipes. Happy snacking!
Love Leeanna xo