It’s that time of year again… and I am SO happy about it. Halloween is such a good celebration and it always brings out my inner DIY creative self!
If you’re anything like me and don’t actually have a real knack for baking… have no fear! Just follow these simple steps for making some sure-to-impress super easy treats. Trust me if I can do it – you can!
Omg how cute do these yummy bananas look?! And the best thing of all… you only need three ingredients and they take such little time.
- White chocolate
- Milk chocolate chips
- Cut the banana into halves
- Use lollipop sticks to skewer each banana and pop them in the freezer…. Be patient! It will take a couple of hours…
- Melt a bowl of white chocolate over a hob of boiling water
- Once the bananas have completely frozen, dip them in the chocolate and smother them in as much chocolate as you wish
- Place on greaseproof paper and top with two chocolate chips for eyes
* You can even make this Halloween treat healthy by switching white chocolate for fat free natural yogurt
These spooky spider treats are so easy to make and something I’ve incorporated from a house favourite of ours. I’ve turned my go-to treat recipe for chocolate peanut butter cornflake cakes into a scary and delicious fright night snack.
- 4 cups of cornflakes
- 1 medium bar of milk chocolate
- 1 large tbsp of peanut butter
- Worm sweeties/liquorice laces/strawberry laces
- Mini smarties
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a bowl over boiling water (or in the microwave in short pulses)
- Add cornflakes to the gooey mixture and stir until covered
- On greaseproof paper lay out your spider legs as you wish
- Top the legs with the cornflake mix in the shape of bodies
- Add two mini smarties for eyeballs
- Leave to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours
I hope you have go at either of these recipes yourself for Halloween – they really are great fun for the kids and such a simple way to impress your friends.
Love Leeanna xo