Happy Good Friday everyone!
Ever since my Facebook was bombarded with pictures of these beautiful looking chocolate treats last Easter, I’ve been dreaming about getting my hands on one. I hunted high and low for these in cafes and shops last year but I still couldn’t find one.
This year I’ve finally made them and OMG were they absolute heaven!! A little sickly to eat a whole one at once but they were absolutely delicious as an afternoon treat with a cuppa tea and also heated up topped with ice cream for a yummy dessert.
Here is my recipe so you can try for yourself at home.
Scotch Creme Egg recipe
- 6 Crème eggs
- 300g milk chocolate
- 175g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 120g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g cocoa powder
- 175g softened unsalted butter
- 120g softened unsalted butter
- 120g icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease or line a cake or brownie tin.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together before adding the rest of the cake mix ingredients.
* Top tip: Remember to sieve the flour and cocoa powder to reduce clumps.
*Top top: If the batter is too thick, add a splash of milk.
3. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake in the oven for around 25 minutes, until the cake is firm and springy.
* Top tip: Use a skewer to test if the sponge fully baked in the middle. The skewer will come out clean if it’s ready.
4. Take the cake out of the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
5. Once the cake is fully cooled, crumble in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
6. Add the remainder of your softened butter, icing sugar and cocoa, mixing until a firm dough is formed. It should be similar to shortcrust pastry.
7. This is where it gets messy! Take handfuls of the dough, mould around the Creme Egg and roll into fist-sized balls.
8. Place each cake-covered egg onto a baking tray layered with baking paper and pop in the fridge to chill.
This cheesecake is FULL of ALL my favourite things so eating this was an absolute dream come true.
My boyfriend made this cheesecake for me as part of his romantic Valentine’s Day meal and boy oh boy did he impress! He combined all of the things I love – prosecco, white chocolate, Oreos, strawberries and cheese – in one heavenly dessert!
He said he took inspiration from different cheesecakes he’s made before to create my perfect one.
I just had to share the recipe with you! 1) so I can remember how to make it myself and 2) so all of you can enjoy this beautiful experience too!
- Punnet of strawberries (remove stalk leaves)
- 425g cream cheese
- 1/2 bottle of prosecco
- 400ml whipping cream
- I bar white choc
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packs original Oreos
- A tbsp of melted butter
- Grated white choc on top
- In a mixing bowl add the strawberries to the prosecco and leave to soak overnight
- In a food processor blend the Oreos in small batches before stirring in melted butter
- Press the biscuit base into your cheesecake dish
- Use the food processor or electric whisk to mix the whipping cream before folding in the cream cheese
- Add sugar
- Fold in melted white chocolate (give it a few second to cool before pouring in)
- Get your soaking fruit from the fridge and slice up the largest strawberries to stick around the outside of your filling
- You can now layer the Oreo base with this chocolatey cheesy topping
- Leave to set for atleast 3 hours
- Chop the rest of the soaked strawberries into small chunks and place on top of the cheesecake
- Finally decorate with grated white chocolate and serve with a shot of prosecco (if you haven’t finished drinking the bottle already!)
I hope you all enjoy this delicious dessert as much as I did. My boyfriend definitely blew me away with it….and I may have got a little too excited about this compared to receiving my flowers and roses… but he doesn’t need to know that. I can’t help that I have the biggest sweet tooth ever!
Love Leeanna xo
Everyone loves a cocktail… well it’s obvious that I definitely do after having at least two everyday last week. Gotta love a happy hour!
Well if you fancy having a go at making your own tipple for this Valentine’s Day – whether your having all the girls over for GALentine’s Day or having a romantic night in – this recipe really is no effort at all and tastes fab 👌
- A bottle of Cava, sparkling rose or Prosecco – how fancy is this gold bottle I found in Aldi for just £4.90?! Tesco also currently have an offer on Rose and Brut Cava for £4.50
- Frozen strawberries – 2 large ones per glass serving
- Orange juice
- Honey to sweeten to taste
- Fresh strawberries, raspberries or sliced orange/grated peel to decorate
- In a blender mix 16 frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup of orange juice and slowly pour in small amounts of wine after short blends
- Once the mixture is a smooth slushy consistency – taste for sweetness and add honey if desired
- Pour into champagne glasses and serve with a fruity decoration if you wish
1 bottle will make 8 glasses so you may want to get in a couple.
For more inspiration for a tasty romantic treat or addition to a Valentine’s Day meal – check out my recipe for homemade peanut butter cups – moulded into heart-shapes of course. And if you’re struggling on what to wear for Valentine’s Day – I’ve put together a guide on my top OOTD picks and Valentine’s nail art ideas.
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe too. Cheers!
Love Leeanna xo
If you haven’t already noticed, shops are now stocked full of cheesy Valentine’s cards, an unlimited supply of heart-shaped chocolates and pretty roses so if you aren’t already in the mood for the most romantic day of the year these DELICIOUS heart-shaped treat are sure to help.
If you’re anything like me… really really bad in the kitchen then these super easy to make desserts will put a great big smile on your face because believe me anyone can make them and everyone will love them (providing you’re not allergic to peanuts).
These delicious treats are perfect for a homemade gift to your loved one if your saving your pennies, great if you’re having the girls over for a Galentine’s night in and even better if you haven’t even got a Valentine but want to treat yourself to something heavenly while watching Magic Mike.
What you will need
- 1 large bar of milk chocolate
- 1 large bar of dark chocolate
- 1 large bar of white chocolate
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Pink sprinkles of choice
- Heart-shaped cupcake cases
- Start off by melting the dark chocolate either in the microwave in short bursts of 10 seconds stirring to check or in a glass bowl over boiling water
- Spread the chocolate into the base of each cupcake case and leave to set it the fridge until hard (takes roughly 20 minutes)
- Meanwhile mix the peanut butter and icing sugar in a bowl – it will become less sticky to make it easier for spreading
- Once the dark chocolate has hardened, spread a thin layer of peanut butter mix
- Repeat the same process with milk chocolate and then peanut butter mix before topping with the melted white chocolate
- Add your desired sprinkles for the top – this could be pink or any colour sprinkles, mini love heart sweets, marshmallows, edible glitter or popping candy or a combination!
You can have fun with the decorations and be as creative as you wish with your toppings.
Luckily for me my boyfriend has volunteerd to cook for me on Valentine’s Day so these will be a treat for me and the girls this weekend. Thank goodness… otherwise he would have had them all!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we have and they make your Valentine’s Day extra special and TASTY!
Love Leeanna xo
It’s that time of year again… onesies, Christmas movies and your favourite mug of hot cocoa.
Hot chocolate isn’t just for children though. Now you’re legal you can add as many shots of Baileys as you like to the nostalgic winter treat and what’s is more festive than the flavour of chocolate orange. Without fail, every year I find not one, not two, but THREE Terry’s Chocolate Orange’s in my stocking on Christmas morning.
So if you’re like me and can’t wait until the 25th of December for the delicious sensation, why not have a go at this easy and tasty Hot Chocolate recipe. Perfect for a cosy winter night-in while you put your feet up in front of the fire.
Terry’s Chocolate Orange and Bailey Hot Cocoa recipe
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange (Why not try the honeycomb or white edition for an even more christmasy feel!)
- Baileys Irish Cream (Baileys chocolate and Baileys orange truffle would also make great additions to the drink!)
- Marshmallows – mini, sparkly or giant – whatever your preference
- Whipped Cream
- Choose your favourite cocoa mugs – I am loving Maison Jars at the moment so thought I’d be all trendy and have a go with these.
- Melt 1/4 of the Terry’s Chocolate Orange
- Drizzle the chocolate as you wish around the inside of the mug – be as creative as you like!
- Heat up two mugs of milk
- Melt 6 segments of the chocolate
- Pour the milk and melted chocolate into a blender and add 2 shots of Baileys (or as little or as much as you like!)
7. Pour the mixture back into the mugs and re-heat
8. Now it’s time to decorate!! Add all your favourite hot cocoa toppings to your heart’s content. I added MORE Terry’s chocolate by grating shards and adding pieces with marshmallows but squirty cream would also be a fab addition.
I hope you enjoy these tasty Hot Chocs as much as we did on our cosy Sunday night. They go perfectly with mince pies too, to really get you in the Christmas spirit.
Love Leeanna xo
It’s that time of year again… and I am SO happy about it. Halloween is such a good celebration and it always brings out my inner DIY creative self!
I have already been working on my pumpkin-carving skills, clown make-up designs and now I’m ready to get spooky in the kitchen.
If you’re anything like me and don’t actually have a real knack for baking… have no fear! Just follow these simple steps for making some sure-to-impress super easy treats. Trust me if I can do it – you can!
Omg how cute do these yummy bananas look?! And the best thing of all… you only need three ingredients and they take such little time.
- White chocolate
- Milk chocolate chips
- Cut the banana into halves
- Use lollipop sticks to skewer each banana and pop them in the freezer…. Be patient! It will take a couple of hours…
- Melt a bowl of white chocolate over a hob of boiling water
- Once the bananas have completely frozen, dip them in the chocolate and smother them in as much chocolate as you wish
- Place on greaseproof paper and top with two chocolate chips for eyes
* You can even make this Halloween treat healthy by switching white chocolate for fat free natural yogurt
These spooky spider treats are so easy to make and something I’ve incorporated from a house favourite of ours. I’ve turned my go-to treat recipe for chocolate peanut butter cornflake cakes into a scary and delicious fright night snack.
Again all you need is just a few ingredients and you’ve got a winner! I mean can you even go wrong with the perfect combo of peanut butter and chocolate? Hell no!
- 4 cups of cornflakes
- 1 medium bar of milk chocolate
- 1 large tbsp of peanut butter
- Worm sweeties/liquorice laces/strawberry laces
- Mini smarties
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a bowl over boiling water (or in the microwave in short pulses)
- Add cornflakes to the gooey mixture and stir until covered
- On greaseproof paper lay out your spider legs as you wish
- Top the legs with the cornflake mix in the shape of bodies
- Add two mini smarties for eyeballs
- Leave to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours
I hope you have go at either of these recipes yourself for Halloween – they really are great fun for the kids and such a simple way to impress your friends.
Now pop the kettle on and enjoy your favourite horror with these tasty spooky snacks!
Love Leeanna xo
Sunday night calls for a pamper night! Yes it is the one evening I try my best to spend a couple of hours just relaxing… and what better way to to do that than with a face mask.
Me and my housemate are always experimenting new recipes but this time we went the extra mile and decided to try a nutritional recipe for your FACE. The veggie, considered as one of the healthiest foods on the planet, is not only enjoyed for it’s tastiness in guacamole but also known for it’s nutritional and healing benefits for skin.
Personally, I actually can’t stand avocado- but my ozzy housemate and everyone else i know love it! So I trialled on Sarah. The veggie deeply hydrates and nourishes skin without any irritation so it is suitable for all skin types – particularly dry and de-hydrated skin. It is also ideal for removing make-up!
This DIY at-home face mask is so easy to make with just three ingredients and three simple steps. This recipe makes enough for two masks.
- Half an avocado
- 2 tsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of water
- Mash the avocado
- Stir all the ingredients together
- Apply over face
I decided to give this Passion deep cleansing face mask a go from Boots – thought I would treat myself on my loyalty card points and I’d never tried a peel off one before. As you can see… it comes out very different to how it looks on the packet. Instead of having a pretty light pink cream on my face, I actually just look heavily sunburned!! My skin did feel pretty soft afterwards though.
Have a go and see what you think with this super easy face mask recipe!
Love Leeanna xo
So for lent I decided to give up gluten and I’m shocked at how well I’ve managed to keep it up. Me and my housemate have used it as a great excuse to actually have a go at different recipes we’ve seen all over Instagram and wanted to try for ages like courgette pasta and cauliflower pizza dishes. Sweet potato brownies is next on the agenda so I will keep you posted!
This gluten free alternative is a great healthy option for dinner parties, a sharing evening meal and even better when there are leftovers for lunch the day after.
I was so surprised how much the cauliflower base started to look like dough as it cooked in the oven and it really didn’t take too much effort. The only difference was that it didn’t turn out quite the same shape as a pizza as we’d have liked… but it was a our first go. There is room for improvement!
We topped one with veggies and the other with pesto chicken – both very scrummy and we recommend to try!
Read more: Gluten free chocolate cake recipe
- 1 head cauliflower, stalk removed
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs
- A few grind of cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break and chop the cauliflower into small florets and pulse in a food processor until fine.
- Steam and drain well. (We put it on top of kitchen roll to help get the moisture out)
- Once you have let the cauliflower cool, combine it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer to the middle of the baking sheet. What I would recommend – that we didn’t do and should have done – is spread it into a circle to try and resemble a pizza crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add desired toppings and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Top it up
For the veggie one we covered the base with tomato passata, chopped peppers, sweetcorn, red onion and grated cheese.
For the meaty one we fried the chicken in a little coconut oil and pesto before topping on to the tomato passata, onion, sweetcorn and adding cheese.
Read more: Baking cake with veggies
The might not be circular shape but I think they look pretty damn close to squared-shaped pizzas! Can you even tell from the pics that the bases are made from a vegetable? I hope you try this at home and enjoy experimenting with gluten-free options as much as we have.
Love Leeanna xo
For lent I have decided to give up all gluten. I didn’t realise quite how hard it would be to resist the urge for things like noodles, crackers, cakes, biscuits… and all the rest! But I’ve felt so much better already since doing it. I’ve stopped suffering from bloating and nausea after eating what felt like every meals!
But now that I have found a way to eat chocolate cake on a budget AND with no baking skills I think I will survive!!
I couldn’t believe how well this recipe turned out. Honestly it tasted like the best chocolate cake I’d ever eaten and it was completely flour free. While giving up eating gluten, I wanted to avoid spending a lot of money of gluten-free alternatives like flour because they can be pretty pricey. But with this recipe you use exactly the same ingredients as you usually would for baking- you just don’t add any flour into the mix!
So you won’t feel guilty on your budget or bloated on your tummy! YAY.
Read more: Gluten free raw snickers cheesecake recipe
How to make the flourless cake?
- 120g dark chocolate
- 120g butter (You can use a dairy free alternative too)
- 150g caster sugar
- 50g cocoa powder (I used the dark cadbury Bournville one)
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Read more: Baking with veggies: Courgette, orange and pistachio loaf
- Preheat the oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Grease a cake tin of your choice and dust with cocoa powder. They texture is very much like a brownie consistency so will also work as a tray bake.
- In a heatproof bowl gently simmering over boiling water, melt the chocolate and butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour into the dish and bake in for 30 minutes. Let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes, before turning it out onto a wire rack and leaving it cool completely.
Read more: Guilt-free Summer Berry Cake
- Re-heat leftovers in microwave for 20 seconds
- Top with vanilla ice cream, strawberries and toffee sauce for the tastiest dessert ever!
Mmm. Just writing this blog post makes me want another slice! I hope you have just as a success with this recipe as I have.
Love Leeanna xo
Who doesn’t love a chunky snickers bar or a naughty slice of cheesecake?! Well there is a lot to love about this tasty combo of the two with it being gluten-free and refined sugar-free. It’s all-natural wholesome ingredients with no added sugar will help satisfy those sweet-tooth cravings and keep you satisfied for longer.
To replace the processed sugars of a normal snickers bar, I made this dessert a healthier alternative by using a raw and sugar-free recipe which is just as indulgent and fulfilling as the original. I was so shocked this actually turned out tasty and my whole family enjoyed it too. You can’t go wrong with a dessert of chocolaty healthy goodness- the perfect pud if you’re having friends over!
Raw Snickers Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups of cashew nuts
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp of Agave Nectar
Peanut Butter Caramel layer:
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter (you can use a reduced fat one too)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1/4 bar of melted dark chocolate
For the base:
- In a food processor, crush up the cashews into small pieces.
- Add in coconut dates and agave until a sticky dough forms.
- Press the mixture into a round dish lined with clingfilm and put in the freezer for a good hour.
For the caramel:
- Blend all ingredients, adding the almond milk a little bit at a time.
- Once a smooth caramel consistency has formed spread over the base.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate in any pattern you desire.
- Pop it back into the freezer until it has hardened and viola a deliciously healthy dessert for everyone to have a slice of.
After trying my first ‘raw’ creation I will definitely give some other treats a go. I hope you enjoy this easy-to-make recipe and test it on your friends at home.
Love Leeanna xo