Sunday night calls for a pamper night! Yes it is the one evening I try my best to spend a couple of hours just relaxing… and what better way to to do that than with a face mask.
Me and my housemate are always experimenting new recipes but this time we went the extra mile and decided to try a nutritional recipe for your FACE. The veggie, considered as one of the healthiest foods on the planet, is not only enjoyed for it’s tastiness in guacamole but also known for it’s nutritional and healing benefits for skin.
Personally, I actually can’t stand avocado- but my ozzy housemate and everyone else i know love it! So I trialled on Sarah. The veggie deeply hydrates and nourishes skin without any irritation so it is suitable for all skin types – particularly dry and de-hydrated skin. It is also ideal for removing make-up!
This DIY at-home face mask is so easy to make with just three ingredients and three simple steps. This recipe makes enough for two masks.
- Half an avocado
- 2 tsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of water
- Mash the avocado
- Stir all the ingredients together
- Apply over face
I decided to give this Passion deep cleansing face mask a go from Boots – thought I would treat myself on my loyalty card points and I’d never tried a peel off one before. As you can see… it comes out very different to how it looks on the packet. Instead of having a pretty light pink cream on my face, I actually just look heavily sunburned!! My skin did feel pretty soft afterwards though.
Have a go and see what you think with this super easy face mask recipe!
Love Leeanna xo
I know what you’re thinking… Do I really need to be worrying about this right now?
I turned 20 a few months ago and I’m already feeling old- being told to “be careful in the sunshine” because it will give me wrinkles, and watching my friends get so excited over eating a type of food that is apparently “anti-aging”. I’ve barely even got rid of my teenage spots and now I need to worry about getting wrinkles!?
But after reading some top advice over on Health Perch I’ve come up with a new skincare regime to help minimise all the skin damage i’ve probably already caused and will continue doing to my skin. I think mainly by drinking and tanning- but cocktails and the beach are my favourite things
Following their advice I have come up with a new beauty regime which should help protect my skin and prevent any signs of aging like wrinkles and droopiness in the future. Droopiness and wrinkles on my face? No thank you!
- Use a light facial moisturiser with sun protection daily to protect from UV rays. SPF 15 or 30 is recommended. My skin can be very much a combination of oily to dry, so this Nivea bottle is the perfect fit. Boots, 3.99
- Layer SPF over an antioxidant serum like this Vitamin C Facial Radiance. Serums are good for adding an extra defense layer against skin-damaging factors like drinking and stress. Body Shop, £16
- Give your face a deep clean twice every day with a gentle cleanser especially after nights out. That is my weakness- crashing in bed with mascara and glitter still running down my face! But sleeping in your make-up with all the dirt and oil can hinder your skin’s natural repairing process. This pot is a great multi-tasker and can be used on your body too- apply on knees and elbows before topping with fake tan. Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser, £4.07
- Three times a week, swap your cleanser for an exfoliating scrub to remove any dead skin cells and feel like your face is super soft and clean. Again- this selection is great for combination skin. Nivea Daily Essentials Exfoliating Scrub, £3.99
So what i’ve learnt is…. in your 20s you don’t need to be using all the fancy anti-wrinkle products just yet. But you do need to lock down a skincare routine with these kinds of essential beauty products. But remember, just like i’ve done, you don’t even have to break the budget.
Here are some top tips from Health Perch for what you can be doing in your 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s to prevent skin aging:
“Prevent and Treat Skin Aging, No Matter How Old You Are” on Health Perch
It really doesn’t takes too much effort to treat your skin and if it prevents you from looking like a shrivelled prune at 50. I’m all for it.
Love Leeanna xo
It’s that time again… you’ve finished off every box of mince pies in the house, stuffed yourself with chocolate and drank enough alcohol to still feel hungover when you woke up for work yesterday morning. This can only mean one thing… the January blues have arrived and it’s back to hearing that early morning alarm and joining the dreaded commute to work.
But the start to 2015 doesn’t have to be as miserable as the weather and neither does your wardrobe!
At this time of year all I want to do is get away to somewhere hot- a tropical island like St. Barts would do great! Unfortunately my purse can’t stretch that far… but it can stretch to some great bargains I’ve found in the January sales. Buying new clothes will always brighten my day no matter how dull and rainy the weather is.
If you haven’t shopped the January sales yet, here some great bargains I have picked out:
Light orange cross strap platform sandals River Island £55- £25
Lace bralet comes in black, green and burgandy Topshop £22- £10
Biker coat in wool blend H&M £34.99- £20
Metalic textured co-ordinate outfit Missguided Bralet £14.99- £6 Skirt £19.99- £15.99
Floral bodycon midi dress Boohoo £22- £12
Pink wrap skort New Look £18- £13
Leather Chelsea ankle boots ASOS £60- £30
I don’t know about you but whenever I shop in the sale I can tend to get very carried away and sometimes end up buying things I don’t even need just because “it’s only a fiver”. My wardrobe is already stuffed to the brim so I decided this New Year I would keep these tips in the back of my mind to make sure I don’t go crazy on every shopping spree…
Tips for shopping the sale:
- Know what gaps need to filled in your wardrobe.
- Think ahead and plan outfits for upcoming occasions and events.
- Ask yourself, would I buy this if it wasn’t on sale?
- Always try the items on in store to save the hassle of exchanging/credit notes.
- Invest in items you know you will wear again and again.
Happy sales shopping and Happy New Year!
Love Leeanna xo