Everyone loves a cocktail… well it’s obvious that I definitely do after having at least two everyday last week. Gotta love a happy hour!
Well if you fancy having a go at making your own tipple for this Valentine’s Day – whether your having all the girls over for GALentine’s Day or having a romantic night in – this recipe really is no effort at all and tastes fab 👌
- A bottle of Cava, sparkling rose or Prosecco – how fancy is this gold bottle I found in Aldi for just £4.90?! Tesco also currently have an offer on Rose and Brut Cava for £4.50
- Frozen strawberries – 2 large ones per glass serving
- Orange juice
- Honey to sweeten to taste
- Fresh strawberries, raspberries or sliced orange/grated peel to decorate
- In a blender mix 16 frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup of orange juice and slowly pour in small amounts of wine after short blends
- Once the mixture is a smooth slushy consistency – taste for sweetness and add honey if desired
- Pour into champagne glasses and serve with a fruity decoration if you wish
1 bottle will make 8 glasses so you may want to get in a couple.
For more inspiration for a tasty romantic treat or addition to a Valentine’s Day meal – check out my recipe for homemade peanut butter cups – moulded into heart-shapes of course. And if you’re struggling on what to wear for Valentine’s Day – I’ve put together a guide on my top OOTD picks and Valentine’s nail art ideas.
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe too. Cheers!
Love Leeanna xo
It’s that time of year again… onesies, Christmas movies and your favourite mug of hot cocoa.
Hot chocolate isn’t just for children though. Now you’re legal you can add as many shots of Baileys as you like to the nostalgic winter treat and what’s is more festive than the flavour of chocolate orange. Without fail, every year I find not one, not two, but THREE Terry’s Chocolate Orange’s in my stocking on Christmas morning.
So if you’re like me and can’t wait until the 25th of December for the delicious sensation, why not have a go at this easy and tasty Hot Chocolate recipe. Perfect for a cosy winter night-in while you put your feet up in front of the fire.
Terry’s Chocolate Orange and Bailey Hot Cocoa recipe
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange (Why not try the honeycomb or white edition for an even more christmasy feel!)
- Baileys Irish Cream (Baileys chocolate and Baileys orange truffle would also make great additions to the drink!)
- Marshmallows – mini, sparkly or giant – whatever your preference
- Whipped Cream
- Choose your favourite cocoa mugs – I am loving Maison Jars at the moment so thought I’d be all trendy and have a go with these.
- Melt 1/4 of the Terry’s Chocolate Orange
- Drizzle the chocolate as you wish around the inside of the mug – be as creative as you like!
- Heat up two mugs of milk
- Melt 6 segments of the chocolate
- Pour the milk and melted chocolate into a blender and add 2 shots of Baileys (or as little or as much as you like!)
7. Pour the mixture back into the mugs and re-heat
8. Now it’s time to decorate!! Add all your favourite hot cocoa toppings to your heart’s content. I added MORE Terry’s chocolate by grating shards and adding pieces with marshmallows but squirty cream would also be a fab addition.
I hope you enjoy these tasty Hot Chocs as much as we did on our cosy Sunday night. They go perfectly with mince pies too, to really get you in the Christmas spirit.
Love Leeanna xo