Have you started prepping for Valentine’s Day yet? The most romantic day of the year is almost here which means it’s time to get pampered and beauty-ready!
So whether you’ve got plans for a girlie night on GALentine’s Day or you want to make some effort for your loved one, I’ve put together a handy DIY nails guide that is sure to impress everyone.
Shops are now filled with cheesy cards, love heart chocolates and swarms of roses but who cares about all of that when all you really need is some gorgeous nails to show off.
Top 10 tips
- Invest in a decent white nail varnish and white nail art pen
- Use eBay or Amazon to buy cheap nail art pens
- Always use a base coat… and a top coat
- If you have short nails, buy some natural fake nails to decorate on either in a nude or clear shade (you can buy a box for £1 in Primark)
- Do 2 layers of your base colour before adding nail art
- Test the nail art pens on tissue or spare false nail beforehand to check colour and consistency
- Dots and hearts are easy patterns for beginners
- Gems and glitter are always pretty additions
- Experiment with patterns and colours – different designs look cute on individual nails
Valentine’s nail art ideas
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Love Leeanna xo