If you haven’t already noticed, shops are now stocked full of cheesy Valentine’s cards, an unlimited supply of heart-shaped chocolates and pretty roses so if you aren’t already in the mood for the most romantic day of the year these DELICIOUS heart-shaped treat are sure to help.
If you’re anything like me… really really bad in the kitchen then these super easy to make desserts will put a great big smile on your face because believe me anyone can make them and everyone will love them (providing you’re not allergic to peanuts).
These delicious treats are perfect for a homemade gift to your loved one if your saving your pennies, great if you’re having the girls over for a Galentine’s night in and even better if you haven’t even got a Valentine but want to treat yourself to something heavenly while watching Magic Mike.
What you will need
- 1 large bar of milk chocolate
- 1 large bar of dark chocolate
- 1 large bar of white chocolate
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Pink sprinkles of choice
- Heart-shaped cupcake cases
- Start off by melting the dark chocolate either in the microwave in short bursts of 10 seconds stirring to check or in a glass bowl over boiling water
- Spread the chocolate into the base of each cupcake case and leave to set it the fridge until hard (takes roughly 20 minutes)
- Meanwhile mix the peanut butter and icing sugar in a bowl – it will become less sticky to make it easier for spreading
- Once the dark chocolate has hardened, spread a thin layer of peanut butter mix
- Repeat the same process with milk chocolate and then peanut butter mix before topping with the melted white chocolate
- Add your desired sprinkles for the top – this could be pink or any colour sprinkles, mini love heart sweets, marshmallows, edible glitter or popping candy or a combination!
You can have fun with the decorations and be as creative as you wish with your toppings.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we have and they make your Valentine’s Day extra special and TASTY!
Love Leeanna xo