If you haven’t already noticed, shops are now stocked full of cheesy Valentine’s cards, an unlimited supply of heart-shaped chocolates and pretty roses so if you aren’t already in the mood for the most romantic day of the year these DELICIOUS heart-shaped treat are sure to help.
If you’re anything like me… really really bad in the kitchen then these super easy to make desserts will put a great big smile on your face because believe me anyone can make them and everyone will love them (providing you’re not allergic to peanuts).
These delicious treats are perfect for a homemade gift to your loved one if your saving your pennies, great if you’re having the girls over for a Galentine’s night in and even better if you haven’t even got a Valentine but want to treat yourself to something heavenly while watching Magic Mike.
What you will need
- 1 large bar of milk chocolate
- 1 large bar of dark chocolate
- 1 large bar of white chocolate
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Pink sprinkles of choice
- Heart-shaped cupcake cases
- Start off by melting the dark chocolate either in the microwave in short bursts of 10 seconds stirring to check or in a glass bowl over boiling water
- Spread the chocolate into the base of each cupcake case and leave to set it the fridge until hard (takes roughly 20 minutes)
- Meanwhile mix the peanut butter and icing sugar in a bowl – it will become less sticky to make it easier for spreading
- Once the dark chocolate has hardened, spread a thin layer of peanut butter mix
- Repeat the same process with milk chocolate and then peanut butter mix before topping with the melted white chocolate
- Add your desired sprinkles for the top – this could be pink or any colour sprinkles, mini love heart sweets, marshmallows, edible glitter or popping candy or a combination!
You can have fun with the decorations and be as creative as you wish with your toppings.
Luckily for me my boyfriend has volunteerd to cook for me on Valentine’s Day so these will be a treat for me and the girls this weekend. Thank goodness… otherwise he would have had them all!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we have and they make your Valentine’s Day extra special and TASTY!
Love Leeanna xo
It’s that time of year again… and I am SO happy about it. Halloween is such a good celebration and it always brings out my inner DIY creative self!
I have already been working on my pumpkin-carving skills, clown make-up designs and now I’m ready to get spooky in the kitchen.
If you’re anything like me and don’t actually have a real knack for baking… have no fear! Just follow these simple steps for making some sure-to-impress super easy treats. Trust me if I can do it – you can!
Omg how cute do these yummy bananas look?! And the best thing of all… you only need three ingredients and they take such little time.
- White chocolate
- Milk chocolate chips
- Cut the banana into halves
- Use lollipop sticks to skewer each banana and pop them in the freezer…. Be patient! It will take a couple of hours…
- Melt a bowl of white chocolate over a hob of boiling water
- Once the bananas have completely frozen, dip them in the chocolate and smother them in as much chocolate as you wish
- Place on greaseproof paper and top with two chocolate chips for eyes
* You can even make this Halloween treat healthy by switching white chocolate for fat free natural yogurt
These spooky spider treats are so easy to make and something I’ve incorporated from a house favourite of ours. I’ve turned my go-to treat recipe for chocolate peanut butter cornflake cakes into a scary and delicious fright night snack.
Again all you need is just a few ingredients and you’ve got a winner! I mean can you even go wrong with the perfect combo of peanut butter and chocolate? Hell no!
- 4 cups of cornflakes
- 1 medium bar of milk chocolate
- 1 large tbsp of peanut butter
- Worm sweeties/liquorice laces/strawberry laces
- Mini smarties
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a bowl over boiling water (or in the microwave in short pulses)
- Add cornflakes to the gooey mixture and stir until covered
- On greaseproof paper lay out your spider legs as you wish
- Top the legs with the cornflake mix in the shape of bodies
- Add two mini smarties for eyeballs
- Leave to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours
I hope you have go at either of these recipes yourself for Halloween – they really are great fun for the kids and such a simple way to impress your friends.
Now pop the kettle on and enjoy your favourite horror with these tasty spooky snacks!
Love Leeanna xo