It’s that time of year again… onesies, Christmas movies and your favourite mug of hot cocoa.
Hot chocolate isn’t just for children though. Now you’re legal you can add as many shots of Baileys as you like to the nostalgic winter treat and what’s is more festive than the flavour of chocolate orange. Without fail, every year I find not one, not two, but THREE Terry’s Chocolate Orange’s in my stocking on Christmas morning.
So if you’re like me and can’t wait until the 25th of December for the delicious sensation, why not have a go at this easy and tasty Hot Chocolate recipe. Perfect for a cosy winter night-in while you put your feet up in front of the fire.
Terry’s Chocolate Orange and Bailey Hot Cocoa recipe
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange (Why not try the honeycomb or white edition for an even more christmasy feel!)
- Baileys Irish Cream (Baileys chocolate and Baileys orange truffle would also make great additions to the drink!)
- Marshmallows – mini, sparkly or giant – whatever your preference
- Whipped Cream
- Choose your favourite cocoa mugs – I am loving Maison Jars at the moment so thought I’d be all trendy and have a go with these.
- Melt 1/4 of the Terry’s Chocolate Orange
- Drizzle the chocolate as you wish around the inside of the mug – be as creative as you like!
- Heat up two mugs of milk
- Melt 6 segments of the chocolate
- Pour the milk and melted chocolate into a blender and add 2 shots of Baileys (or as little or as much as you like!)
7. Pour the mixture back into the mugs and re-heat
8. Now it’s time to decorate!! Add all your favourite hot cocoa toppings to your heart’s content. I added MORE Terry’s chocolate by grating shards and adding pieces with marshmallows but squirty cream would also be a fab addition.
I hope you enjoy these tasty Hot Chocs as much as we did on our cosy Sunday night. They go perfectly with mince pies too, to really get you in the Christmas spirit.
Love Leeanna xo