If you haven’t already noticed, shops are now stocked full of cheesy Valentine’s cards, an unlimited supply of heart-shaped chocolates and pretty roses so if you aren’t already in the mood for the most romantic day of the year these DELICIOUS heart-shaped treat are sure to help.
If you’re anything like me… really really bad in the kitchen then these super easy to make desserts will put a great big smile on your face because believe me anyone can make them and everyone will love them (providing you’re not allergic to peanuts).
These delicious treats are perfect for a homemade gift to your loved one if your saving your pennies, great if you’re having the girls over for a Galentine’s night in and even better if you haven’t even got a Valentine but want to treat yourself to something heavenly while watching Magic Mike.
What you will need
- 1 large bar of milk chocolate
- 1 large bar of dark chocolate
- 1 large bar of white chocolate
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Pink sprinkles of choice
- Heart-shaped cupcake cases
- Start off by melting the dark chocolate either in the microwave in short bursts of 10 seconds stirring to check or in a glass bowl over boiling water
- Spread the chocolate into the base of each cupcake case and leave to set it the fridge until hard (takes roughly 20 minutes)
- Meanwhile mix the peanut butter and icing sugar in a bowl – it will become less sticky to make it easier for spreading
- Once the dark chocolate has hardened, spread a thin layer of peanut butter mix
- Repeat the same process with milk chocolate and then peanut butter mix before topping with the melted white chocolate
- Add your desired sprinkles for the top – this could be pink or any colour sprinkles, mini love heart sweets, marshmallows, edible glitter or popping candy or a combination!
You can have fun with the decorations and be as creative as you wish with your toppings.
Luckily for me my boyfriend has volunteerd to cook for me on Valentine’s Day so these will be a treat for me and the girls this weekend. Thank goodness… otherwise he would have had them all!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we have and they make your Valentine’s Day extra special and TASTY!
Love Leeanna xo
It’s that time of year again… onesies, Christmas movies and your favourite mug of hot cocoa.
Hot chocolate isn’t just for children though. Now you’re legal you can add as many shots of Baileys as you like to the nostalgic winter treat and what’s is more festive than the flavour of chocolate orange. Without fail, every year I find not one, not two, but THREE Terry’s Chocolate Orange’s in my stocking on Christmas morning.
So if you’re like me and can’t wait until the 25th of December for the delicious sensation, why not have a go at this easy and tasty Hot Chocolate recipe. Perfect for a cosy winter night-in while you put your feet up in front of the fire.
Terry’s Chocolate Orange and Bailey Hot Cocoa recipe
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange (Why not try the honeycomb or white edition for an even more christmasy feel!)
- Baileys Irish Cream (Baileys chocolate and Baileys orange truffle would also make great additions to the drink!)
- Marshmallows – mini, sparkly or giant – whatever your preference
- Whipped Cream
- Choose your favourite cocoa mugs – I am loving Maison Jars at the moment so thought I’d be all trendy and have a go with these.
- Melt 1/4 of the Terry’s Chocolate Orange
- Drizzle the chocolate as you wish around the inside of the mug – be as creative as you like!
- Heat up two mugs of milk
- Melt 6 segments of the chocolate
- Pour the milk and melted chocolate into a blender and add 2 shots of Baileys (or as little or as much as you like!)
7. Pour the mixture back into the mugs and re-heat
8. Now it’s time to decorate!! Add all your favourite hot cocoa toppings to your heart’s content. I added MORE Terry’s chocolate by grating shards and adding pieces with marshmallows but squirty cream would also be a fab addition.
I hope you enjoy these tasty Hot Chocs as much as we did on our cosy Sunday night. They go perfectly with mince pies too, to really get you in the Christmas spirit.
Love Leeanna xo
Who doesn’t love a chunky snickers bar or a naughty slice of cheesecake?! Well there is a lot to love about this tasty combo of the two with it being gluten-free and refined sugar-free. It’s all-natural wholesome ingredients with no added sugar will help satisfy those sweet-tooth cravings and keep you satisfied for longer.
To replace the processed sugars of a normal snickers bar, I made this dessert a healthier alternative by using a raw and sugar-free recipe which is just as indulgent and fulfilling as the original. I was so shocked this actually turned out tasty and my whole family enjoyed it too. You can’t go wrong with a dessert of chocolaty healthy goodness- the perfect pud if you’re having friends over!
Raw Snickers Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups of cashew nuts
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp of Agave Nectar
Peanut Butter Caramel layer:
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter (you can use a reduced fat one too)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1/4 bar of melted dark chocolate
For the base:
- In a food processor, crush up the cashews into small pieces.
- Add in coconut dates and agave until a sticky dough forms.
- Press the mixture into a round dish lined with clingfilm and put in the freezer for a good hour.
For the caramel:
- Blend all ingredients, adding the almond milk a little bit at a time.
- Once a smooth caramel consistency has formed spread over the base.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate in any pattern you desire.
- Pop it back into the freezer until it has hardened and viola a deliciously healthy dessert for everyone to have a slice of.
After trying my first ‘raw’ creation I will definitely give some other treats a go. I hope you enjoy this easy-to-make recipe and test it on your friends at home.
Love Leeanna xo